- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Calories: 1792 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 390.98 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Fat Content: 25.37 g
- Fiber Content: 48.6 g
- Protein Content: 63.09 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3.378 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 1011 mg
- Sugar Content: 95.79 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0 g
Szechwan Baby Corns
I am a big fan of Chinese food whether it’s wholly Chinese or the Indo Chinese, I always want to try it. Here I am sharing a tasty Indo Chinese recipe with you, which required lesser ingredients. Baby corns cooked with Chinese style taste amazing and satisfied your appetite. Szechwan Baby corn is a delicious recipe that is served as a starter, or you can say that Szechwan Baby corn is complete Chinese food for the Indian palate! Enjoy it with boiled rice or noodles.
Ingredients of Szechwan Baby Corns Recipe
- Baby corns - 200 gm
- Water - ¾ Cups
- Seasoning cube - 1
- Ginger-garlic paste - 2 Tablespoons
- Dry red chilies - 3
- Red Capsicum (Pepper) - – cut into 1″ pieces - 1
- Yellow capsicums (Peppers) – cut into 1″ pieces - 1
- Onion - cut into 4 and separated - 1
- Soya sauce - 1 ½ Tablespoons
- Vinegar - 2 Tablespoons
- Tomato sauce - 3 Tablespoons
- A pinch ajinomoto
- Red chili powder - ¼ Teaspoon
- Corn flour dissolved in ½ cup water - 1 ½ Tablespoons
How to Make Szechwan Baby Corns
Step 1: Mix water and seasoning cube in a pan. Add ginger-garlic paste and red chillies. Keep on fire and give one boil.
Step 2: Add baby corns. Simmer on LOW ﬂame for 5 min until baby corns get done.
Step 3: Now, mix corn ﬂour in water. Add soya sauce, vinegar, tomato sauce, Ajinomoto & red chilli powder. Add cornﬂour paste to the cooked baby corns.
Step 4: Now, Add capsicums and onions and cook further for 2 minutes till sauce turns thick and coats the baby corns.
Step 5: Check salt (seasoning cube has salt) & add if required.
Step 6: Remove from ﬁre and serve hot with noodles or rice.