- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Calories: 1200 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 142.97 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Fat Content: 59.77 g
- Fiber Content: 12.5 g
- Protein Content: 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9.318 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2348 mg
- Sugar Content: 9.08 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.29 g
Rava Upma (Suji Upma) is a famous healthy breakfast recipe in India. Upma is the easy and tasty recipe. To make simple rava upma is easy and quick. Semolina (suji) is cooked with cashews and raisins. Ghee and other spices give a delicious taste to it. Upma can be ready in just 20 minutes. Follow these easy steps to make Instant Rava Upma and enjoy it with hot tea.
Ingredients of Rava Upma Recipe
- Oil - 4 Tablespoons
- Mustard seeds - ¼ Teaspoon
- Asafetida (hing) - ¼ Teaspoon
- Finely chopped green chilies - 3
- Water - 1 Cup
- Lemon juice - 1 Tablespoon
- Curry leaves - 5
- Coarse semolina flour (rava) - 1 Cup
- Cashews nuts - 5
- Raisins (kishmish) - 4
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - ¼ Teaspoon
- Finely chopped cilantro - ¼ Cup
How to Make Rava Upma
Step 1: Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the mustard seeds, allow to crackle and then add asafetida, curry leaves, green chillies, water and lemon juice. Continue heating then add the coarse semolina to it.
Step 2: Stir together, allow the water to evaporate at lower heat.
Step 3: Add the cashews, raisins, salt, turmeric, and cilantro. Stir and close burner.
Step 4: Serve warm Rava Upma in the breakfast.
Recipe from the book: Flavors of India