- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 1357 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 184.23 g
- Cholesterol Content: 119 mg
- Fat Content: 48.36 g
- Fiber Content: 41.1 g
- Protein Content: 56.43 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 27.937 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2671 mg
- Sugar Content: 26.24 g
- Trans Fat Content: 1.397 g
Dal Maharani is made with whole black urad dal combined with some other pulses, is cooked with whole spices in desi ghee. Traditionally dal maharani is cooked overnight in a pot to make it more creamy and thick. You can adjust the spiciness as you want to for this dish. Serve hot Dal Maharani, garnished with onion slices and coriander leaves. You can also garnish it with tomato slices and serve it. Let’s make this unique Rajasthani dish.
Ingredients of Dal Maharani Recipe
- Whole black urad dal - 2 Cups
- Bengal gram dal - 2 Tablespoons
- Red kidney beans - 2 Tablespoons
- Desi ghee - 2 Tablespoons
- Butter - 1 Tablespoon
- Fresh cream - 2 Tablespoons
- Mustard seeds - ½ Teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - ½ Teaspoon
- Asafoetida (hing) - ½ Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Garam masala - ½ Teaspoon
- Curd - 3 Tablespoons
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Onion - 2
- chopped coriander leaves - 2 Tablespoons
- For the Paste
- Onion - 1
- Garlic cloves - 6
- Chopped ginger - 1 Tablespoon
- Green chilies - 3
How to Make Dal Maharani
Step 1: In a blender, add a ½ cup of water and add chopped onion, garlic cloves, ginger, green chilies and make a smooth paste blending in a mixer-grinder. Keep aside.
Step 2: Pressure cook the dals in 3 cups of water until 5 minutes.
Step 3: In a deep pot, heat the ghee. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and asafoetida. After they crackle, add the paste and fry for 5-7 minutes.
Step 4: Add all the remaining spices and curd and fry for 1-2 minutes.
Step 5: Add the dal and salt and simmer for 5 minutes. Add butter and fresh cream to the dal and mix them well.
Step 6: Garnish the dal maharani with sliced onions, coriander leaves, and sliced tomatoes and serve hot with steamed rice.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Urad dal – Check Price
- Bengal gram dal – Check Price
- Red kidney beans – Check Price
- Mustard seeds – Check Price
- Fresh Cream – Check Price
- Onion – Check Price
- Ginger paste – Check Price
- Cumin seeds – Check Price
- Curd – Check Price
- Coriander leaves – Check Price
- Garlic paste – Check Price
- Green chilies – Check Price