- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Calories: 1439 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 274.09 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Fat Content: 39.08 g
- Fiber Content: 136.5 g
- Protein Content: 46.49 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6.117 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2506 mg
- Sugar Content: 161.73 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.145 g
Achari Baingan is a delicious way of cooking brinjal or eggplants. Eggplants are a common vegetable that is used in Indian cooking, and you can make various dishes from it. Achari Baingan is a recipe for cooking the small baby brinjals with onion, seeds, and other spices.
Punjabi food is a mixture of different Indian spices which gives an amazing taste to the dish. Achari baingan recipe is one of the famous and popular dishes from Punjab. It is the main course dish to be served with roti or naan. Learn how to make Achari Baingan at home quickly.
Ingredients of Achari Baingan Recipe
- Brinjals (Egg plant) - 8
- Oil - 2 Tablespoons
- A pinch of asafetida (hing)
- Fennel seeds - 1 Tablespoon
- Tomato puree - 1 Tablespoon
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 Tablespoon
- Tamarind paste - 1 Tablespoon
- Onion-chilli paste - 1 Tablespoon
- Mustard seeds - ½ Tablespoon
- Dried raw mango powder (amchoor) - ½ Tablespoon
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Red Chili powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Pepper - 1 Teaspoon
How to Make Achari Baingan
Step 1: Wash and slit the brinjals.
Step 2: Add one tablespoon oil in a microwave-safe dish and dry masalas and covered it for 1 minute at 100% power. Keep aside after it ready.
Step 3: Take another microwave safe bowl and add ginger-garlic paste, onion-chili paste and tomato puree and mix well.
Step 4: Cover microwave at 100% power for 2 minutes. Fill previously made masalas into the slit brinjals.
Step 5: Apply a little oil over the brinjals. Cover microwave for 5 to 6 minutes at 100% power, keep turning in between.
Step 6: At last, add tamarind (imli) paste and mix very well. Now, again cover microwave for 2 minutes at 100% power.
Step 7: Serve hot with roti or chapatti.