- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 2793 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 167.01 g
- Cholesterol Content: 367 mg
- Fat Content: 181.85 g
- Fiber Content: 48.1 g
- Protein Content: 201.05 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 47.053 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2738 mg
- Sugar Content: 94.69 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.078 g
Chicken and Mushroom Salad
Chicken mushroom salad is tasty and quick salad recipe. This rich salad combines a variety of different mushrooms with tender strips of fried chicken, tossed in a basil flavored mayonnaise dressing. The mayonnaise gives the rich taste to the dish, and people will enjoy it fullest. Learn how to make a delicious and healthy chicken mushroom salad at home.
Ingredients of Chicken and Mushroom Salad Recipe
- Dried cep mushrooms - 15 gm
- Vegetable oil - 30 ml
- Skinless and boneless chicken breast - 250 gm
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Pepper - 1 Teaspoon
- Mushrooms or chanterelles - 250 gm
- Chopped spring onions - 1 Bunch
- Egg yolk - 1
- Mustard - 1 Teaspoon
- Sugar - 1 Teaspoon
- Wine vinegar or lemon juice - 1 Tablespoon
- Olive oil - 125 ml
- Crème fraiche - 2 Tablespoons
- Chopped fresh basil - 3 Tablespoons
How to Make Chicken and Mushroom Salad
Step 1: Soak the dried cep mushrooms in 125 ml lukewarm water in a bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes.
Step 2: Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the chicken and fry for about 2-3 minutes, until golden brown all over and cooked. Season with salt and pepper, remove from the pan and set aside to cool.
Step 3: Add the sliced mushrooms or chanterelles to the pan, season then add cep with their soaking water.
Step 4: Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside to cool.
Step 5: Place the spring onions in a salad bowl with the mushrooms and chicken and stir gently to mix.
Step 6: To make the mayonnaise, in a bowl mix together the egg yolk, mustard, sugar, and wine vinegar or lemon juice until creamy, then gradually beat in the olive oil a little at a time until a thick mayonnaise is formed.
Step 7: Stir in the crème Fraiche and chopped basil and spoon over the salad. Stir gently to mix. Cover and chill for 1 hour before serving.
Step 8: Serve with fresh crusty bread rolls.
- Use shitake or oyster mushrooms in place of the cultivated mushrooms or chanterelles. Use two tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or tarragon in place of the basil.
- If the mayonnaise mixture curdles when adding the oil, beat a second egg yolk in a separate bowl, then add to the curdled mixture drop by drop.