- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 1076 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 170.04 g
- Cholesterol Content: 26 mg
- Fat Content: 20.02 g
- Fiber Content: 33.2 g
- Protein Content: 64.65 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4.051 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2987 mg
- Sugar Content: 41.47 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.001 g
Chana Dal Paneer
Chana dal and paneer is one of my favorite paneer recipes. Panner (cottage cheese) cooked with soaked chana dal with roasted tomatoes and other Indian spices make this dish tastier. Panner gives a rich taste to this dish. So, what are you waiting, just follow the below given easy steps and make this delicious recipe for lunch or dinner. Serve it hot with pulkha roti.
Ingredients of Chana Dal Paneer Recipe
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese) - 150 gm
- Chana dal (Split chickpeas) soaked for 3-4 hours - 1 Cup
- Tomatoes - 2
- Turmeric powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Red chili powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Coriander powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Chopped coriander - 1 Teaspoon
- For Dry Roast
- Black cardamoms - 2
- Bay leaves (tej patta) - 2
- Cloves - 2
- Whole red chilies - 2
- To Make Paste
- Ginger - 1″ Piece
- Garlic flakes - 5
- Onion - 1
How to Make Chana Dal Paneer
Step 1: Soak the chana dal for 3-4 hours.
Step 2: Stab a tomato on a fork profoundly and hold it over a naked ﬂame for 2-3 minutes to blacken and loosen the skin. Peel and chop the roasted tomatoes.
Step 3: Grind ginger, garlic, and onion to paste.
Step 4: In an open pressure cooker, dry roast the whole spices and red chillies for 2-3 minutes on LOW ﬂame till fragrant.
Step 5: Now, add the chopped tomatoes and garlic-onion paste to the whole spices.
Step 6: Then, cook it for 5 minutes on regular ﬂame without closing the cooker.
Step 7: Now, drain the chana dal and add the tomatoes. Add 4 cups of water, turmeric powder, salt, and red chili powder.
Step 8: Close the cooker. Pressure cook to give one whistle and keep on LOW ﬂame for 5-6 minutes. Remove from fire.
Step 9: When the pressure drops, open the cooker and add Paneer cubes and mix it well.
Step 10: Garnish it with coriander leaves and coriander powder and serve hot.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Cottage cheese (paneer) – Check Price
- Chana dal (Split chickpeas) – Check Price
- Tomatoes – Check Price
- Coriander leaves – Check Price
- Black cardamom – Check Price
- Bay leaves – Check Price
- Cloves – Check Price
- Dry red chilies – Check Price
- Ginger paste – Check Price
- Garlic paste – Check Price
- Onion – Check Price