- Yield: 5
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Calories: 5716 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 337.84 g
- Cholesterol Content: 16 mg
- Fat Content: 482.45 g
- Fiber Content: 95.7 g
- Protein Content: 103.81 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 366.037 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2701 mg
- Sugar Content: 15.82 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.076 g
Methi dhebra is a Gujarati snacks recipe which is made from millet flour mixed with fenugreek leaves, besan, and other spice. You can make dhebra either frying in the pan or grill over tawa. You can make methi dhebra in any season. Especially in winter when you get some fresh fenugreek leaves, people prefer to make it during winter. Millet flour is good for health and energizes you. You can also store methi dhebra for 2-3 days. Enjoy this methi dhebra with tea or yogurt.
Ingredients of Methi Dhebra Recipe
- Fresh chopped fenugreek leaves - 2 Cups
- Millet flour (bajre ka atta) - 1 Cup
- Whole wheat flour - 1/4 Cup
- Gram flour (besan) - 1 Tablespoon
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- Semolina - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Yogurt - 1/2 Cup
- Chopped garlic - 1 Tablespoon
- Small chopped green chilies - 3
- Vegetable oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Sugar - 1 Tablespoon
- Salt - 1 Tablespoon
- Vegetable oil for shallow frying - 2 Cups
How to Make Methi Dhebra
Step 1: Mix all the ingredients and knead with just enough water to make a soft dough.
Step 2: Divide the dough equally into small balls. Roll each ball out into 4” disc.
Step 3: Heat a griddle on HIGH heat. LOWER heat to minimum and lay a disc flat over it; cook on both sides till small bubbles appear on the surface.
Step 4: Now, Increase the flame to MEDIUM; sprinkle ½ tablespoon oil around the disc and ¼ tablespoon oil on the surface of the disc. Fry till small brown spots appear on both sides. Remove from the griddle at once.
Step 5: Repeat till all the discs are ready.
Step 6: Serve warm or cold at teatime.
This Recipe is Adopted From Gujarati Kitchen Book