- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Calories: 2535 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 436.05 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Fat Content: 72.4 g
- Fiber Content: 58.2 g
- Protein Content: 52.63 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11.602 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2754 mg
- Sugar Content: 22.92 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.363 g
Lasaniya Batata is a famous street food of Kathiyawad (Saurashtra), which is the region of Gujarat. In Lasaniya Batata, “Lasaniya” is Gujarati word which is used for garlic. This dish is a combination of baby potatoes and garlic with adding some spices. Generally, Gujarati people prefer to have this dish as a snack with fryums, but it can also prefer as a meal with paratha or rice. To learn how to make this mouth-melting recipe here are the steps.
Ingredients of Lasaniya Batata Recipe
- Boiled baby potatoes - 14
- Garlic paste - 3 Tablespoons
- Ginger paste - 1 Tablespoon
- Chopped tomato - 1
- Cumin seeds - 1 Teaspoon
- Kashmiri red chilli powder - 1 Tablespoon
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 2 Tablespoons
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Garam masala - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 5 Tablespoons
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnishing - 1 Tablespoon
How to Make Lasaniya Batata
Step 1: First, peel the boiled baby potatoes.
Step 2: Now, heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. When they start spluttering add garlic paste, ginger paste, and chopped tomato and let it cook for five minutes on low flame.
Step 3: Then add Kashmiri red chili powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt and a little bit of water. Mix it well and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
Step 4: Now, add peeled baby potatoes in it and mix it again then cook it again for 2 minutes.
Step 5: Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves. Serve it with fryums.